Miss-Moon-With-A-LittleB-lg

Miss Moon Was A Dog Governess.  Lesson Nine:  With A Little Creativity, The Impossible Can Become Possible.  11″x14″.  Sold.

I just wanted to take a moment and thank my supporters for the kind emails and comments.   There was a fair resolution and I am pleased.

And continuing with the good news….My Miss Moon series is going to be turned into a French language children’s book!   Miss Moon is about to become Mademoiselle Lune!  I’m very excited about this and relieved that her name translates nicely as that could have been a disaster.      So there will be plenty more lessons to be taught over the next six months as I rush to meet a deadline!   This painting is a good representation of how I feel right now- particularly the little spotted dog with the orange helmet who’s really peddling his heart out.

12 Responses to “Miss Moon Was A Dog Governess. Lesson Nine: With A Little Creativity, The Impossible Can Become Possible.”

1. I am so excited that these are about to become a children’s book! My sister and I have been wild about them, and Mademoiselle Lune just sounds so lovely. I just had my first child in April, I’m delighted we’ll be able to get him a book of this fantastic series!

(And I’m happy to hear there was a fair resolution, hooray!)

2. Carolyn Cece

So happy to hear about the book, love the Miss Moon series! I’m glad there was a fair resolution. I’m sure it was incredibly stressful and upsetting to have your work stolen like that, and then have to deal with all the legal matters. I’m glad it’s behind you and hope you have better days ahead.

3. Very exciting news! All the best in this new venture! Hoping we’ll be able to buy the book at some point… :o)

4. I am so delighted for all your success. It is so well deserved. Your talent and creativity are amazing. Now, I just need to learn French!

5. Perfect !!!…….. a French childrens book is such a brilliant idea for this series of your sublime work! It’s the modern Madelene, with most wonderful illustrations.
    The French just know a good thing when they see it, don’t they?
    Congratulations, I’ll look for it in the shops. Please let us know when it comes out.

6. Congratulations on the book deal Janet! This series will make a lovely children’s book. And I am happy that you received a fair settlement.

7. Congratulations on all counts!!! I’m super happy for you! Great painting too!
    Have a great weekend…

8. Good news on the book, how exciting for you, congratulations. I’m plodding on with a self-illustrated biography of Vincento Lunardi … I could borrow a few peddling-dogs to help me keep up the momentum.

Love the little one in the basket!