Copyright Infringement Issues

Christmas-Belles-knock-off

Just an update to the current copyright infringement issues that I am having.   I am currently working with those involved in this issue to come to a resolution which will have to remain private.   The infringement is widespread- spanning from the UK to North America so far and involve a number of my images.  We are now working on locating the actual manufacturers of the knock offs of my work.   One of the images that we are trying to gather information on is an image titled ‘Bridesmaids’ that is a knock off of my Christmas Belles painting.  If anyone has any further information as to where they have spotted it, please contact me through my email.

Thank you so much for your help!

13 Responses to “Copyright Infringement Issues”

1. Janet, this is TERRIBLE! The worst thing that I fear and could happen to an artist. Honestly, yours is much more awesome and rich and beautiful. I hope you can find out who’s doing this! Good luck and keep up the fine work.

2. Ann Ipsen

Here’s the link I found: http://staging-urbanbarn.webinfuse.com/products/Accents/Wall-Decor-and-Frames/bridesmaids/2193 . You may have seen this one, though. Better hurry up and capture it- corporations have a way of making web content disappear when there’s a whiff of controversy. I’m just shocked at how blatantly obvious it is that they copied directly from your painting. I’m so sorry that you’re going through this. I’ll forward on any other links I find that reference your painting. Good luck, Ann

3. I’m sorry that you are going through this. It must be so stressful. Hope it comes to a favourable conclusion for you.

4. Sounds like you are getting to a resolution which is great. Good luck with all of this and look forward to beautiful new painting when things settle down for you. Good Luck 🙂

5. Really, where do these people get off??? What right have they got?? NONE! It drives me batty.I’m sure you will get it all sorted out. So frustrating that instead of fighting these meanies you could be painting. Each morning when I get out of bed I look in my blogroll to see if you have posted a painting. I’m hanging out for a posy painting 🙂
    Good luck!!

6. I am so sorry this is happening to you. Best of luck in getting to the bottom of this heinousness.

7. It is a common practice in Chinese factories that knock off contemporary Artists. On the Daily Painters Website which I am one of, we have a message board that alerts one another when something is spotted on the web that is suspect. The email goes out to the perp and usually within a day it comes down if it is a legit biz. Then there are the factories that actually list the images that you can buy from them and often they are of painters on the DPG site. Threatening emails are sent to the factories and to Google and usually they take the images down too. SOmetimes you see this on Ebay as well and you have to send an email to them about fraud and copyright infringement. This is my knowledge of how it goes. So you have to do the work get them to abide and show them that you mean business. It’s a pain. You, Janet, have a quality brand that must be protected from ripoffs. You just have to do it but don;’t let it cause you to lose sleep. After all it is one of the risks we run by publishing on the internet.
    You go girl and good luck- it will work out.
    xoGK

8. Kate Maass

Hi Janet,
    I am so sorry to see this happened to you. It is very difficult to police this type of infringement. One thing I can tell you from my experience, which i am sure Sian has told you as well, is that the best place to START is the the location where the work is being sold- they do not want to be sued, and are often very eager to give up the source, to pass the buck off of them and onto the actual infringer. So if these are being sold by a retailer, go to them FIRST and they will give up the goat.