Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'image_add_caption' not found or invalid function name in /var/sites/j/janethillstudio.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 235
Here we are in mid February and for the most part it hasn't been that bad- has it? Normally I'm tearing my hair out and on my second bottle of tequila by noon (kidding)- well kind of. I think it's the lack of snow here in Ontario and not feeling as shut in as I normally do. Although, it's pretty ugly out there. Brown, grey, dirt, salt, mud, grit, ugly.
Anyhow, I thought I would share some of the things that are pulling me through these ugly times.
1. Breakfast for dinner. Why not be wild? I just haven't figured out the perfect drink to go with it- I suppose a mimosa? Image via Foodmonger
2. The tantalizing interiors featured on Bijou and Boheme. Anyone who starts a blog post with 'My bedroom sucks poop balls' is alright in my book.
3. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Fascinating. The Duchess had a gown with a giant lobster on it- need I say more? Except I'll add that their home in Paris was a direct inspiration for my 'That Summer In Monte Carlo' painting.
4. Copious amounts of Downton Abbey. John bought the two seasons and it's Masterpiece Theatre on steroids. Love every moment of it.
5. Manoir Hovey in North Hatley Quebec. I've been wanting to stay there for years, and we finally booked a trip in the spring. It's embarrassing how excited I am to go.
6. Rereading Rebecca. It's so good the forth time, although it's giving me nightmares.
7. Chocolate covered in gold dust. I've yet to come across it in real life, but one needs a goal. Image via this is glamorous
Leave a Reply