Matchbook Magazine Feature!

It's been a 'Mister Toad's Wild Ride' of a month here at Janet Hill Studio.  One of the good things that happened was a lovely little email from Katie over at Matchbook Magazine for a feature article.  I've been a big fan of the magazine since it launched at the beginning of the year and almost fell off my chair when I received her email.  The only problem was that I would have to be photographed and I'm not exactly photogenic.  Fortunately the very patient and lovely Sherry Smith from Keepsake Photography showed up at my door and worked her magic in spite of my constant fussing and motor-mouth chatter and I think the results were excellent.  It's a great issue and I can't wait to sit down tonight with a cup of tea and read it from cover to cover.  And the cover- isn't it fabulous?!

And while I'm tooting my own horn, I should also mention that I had the pleasure of working with Tiffany & Co  recently on some promotional imagery for them.  It was a great experience and I hope to have some images to share of the work in the near future.

Alrighty, it's now time to get my head out of the clouds and back to work!

7 Responses to “Matchbook Magazine Feature!”

1. That’s amazing! Congratulations on both accounts! I can’t wait to get a copy of the magazine! xo

2. Wow thats wonderful Janet! One of many features in glam glossy mags Im sure will follow. By the way, I think you are extremely photogenic! Though I must say that the gorgeous furry long eared creature in the photo of your living room might have stole your limelight 🙂

3. love your photo and even more your honesty. you sound like fun, now i know why i love your paintings so. i’m happy matchbook magazine contacted you, they always seem to showcase the most interesting people. xo!

4. Stephanie

Hey, that’s a great article and you’re lovely. And your home is beautiful!

5. Thanks everyone! It was pretty exciting! And Sande- your comment somehow went missing. My blog is under construction and there are a few hiccups with it. Thank you for your kind comments though….it may reappear again at some point.

6. I read the article about you in Matchbook Magazine and it was so inspiring, since I’m free-lance illustrator. I’m so happy to have stumbled across your blog, looking forward to new posts and new paintings of yours, love it!

7. I really enjoyed reading the interview and yes, WOWEE, ZOWEE!!! I am not surprised… you are such a rare talent and personality. Sherry Smith didn’t have trouble capturing your beautiful face digitally as she was already provided with a beautiful subject, YOU! Like your paintings, I can hardly wait to see what else is coming up for you… life gets more and more interesting, huh? CONGRATS!