The Cap Sleeve Crocodile Dress

The Cap Sleeve Crocodile Dress, oil on canvas, 6"x8".  Sold.

Now might be a good time to mention that I seem to have a new project on the go.  It's called  '364 Days of Dresses'. I decided against 365 Days Of Dresses, because let's face it, you have to wear pants at least once throughout the year....kind of cute -right?  No?  I'm not disciplined enough to paint all of those dresses within the next year, and I know that it would likely irritate my buyers if I only painted dresses all year long, so likely the project will take a couple of years to complete.  The end result of all of this wacky dress painting will likely be a book, so I should mention now that there won't be any prints released of these paintings initially.  After completion of the project, there may be a limited release of prints but I haven't quite thought that far ahead as my brain is too busy coming up with dress concepts.  Within the next month I'll be adding a web page to my site to cover my progress and display the dresses.  Wish me luck!

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW PAINTING ON ETSY.

11 Responses to “The Cap Sleeve Crocodile Dress”

1. Kristyne

Oh good luck to you. What a fabulous idea! I can’t wait to see what’s going to come out of your paintbrush – whimsical beauty for sure!!!

2. Anne Marie

Good Luck, only you can pull off such a grand idea, then i think an actual line of clothing should be in order from all the dresses u dream up!!

3. I have just discovered your beautiful blog. What a gift! I will be back and may have to hop over to the shop. Enchanted – Tea

• Hi Gretchen,

What a fun project that you were involved in- thanks for sharing! I wish I could sew so that I could make my own croc dress….and I wouldn’t say no to Anthro either.

4. I just found your blog and love your work. Your dress project sounds so exciting and I’m sure will make a delightful book. This crocodile dress painting is just sweet! Love the Bayou Boat Tour sign…nice touch. An entire novel could be written just from the images this painting conjures up 🙂
    Big new fan of your work, especially your paintings that center around the cakes and cookies!

5. okay. here is another dress i would love to own! i have a feeling i am going to want each and every one of your 364 dresses.

don’t forget that there is bound to be some super fancy vintage 1930s cocktail costume party to attend in those 364 days. and maybe a wedding.

time to dust off my sewing machine!

6. Hi Rebecca,
    Oh indeed there will be 1930’s cocktail parties and a wedding dress. The wedding dress will be last on the list…and it’s a biggy…

7. I absolutely love the idea of a coffee table book full of your paintings or your dress project! Your work is so inspiring.