Catalina Cottage

Catalina Cottage, oil on canvas, 12"x16". Sold.

Oops! I listed it on etsy last night then forgot to link it to my blog. I've been a space cadet all week- I think it's the shift in weather, or perhaps it's the impending sense of doom that I have thanks to my husband and his '30 Days of Halloween' starting tomorrow. I suppose I should explain that my husband is a Halloween junkie and he insists on imposing this ritual of scary movies every night until Halloween. Most of them aren't bad, and many are silly Dracula films from the 1960's, but still, it's a lot of nonsense to put up with.

10 Responses to “Catalina Cottage”

1. Home Is Where The Heart Is

Hello I was wondering if you do custom orders?
    Thanks,
    Erin Hart

2. Janet Hill

Hi Erin,

Thank you for your interest in my work. I actually only take custom orders for prints, not originals.
    Thanks,
    Janet

3. Lara Harris

It's so refreshing to know that I am not the only one married to a fifth grader ;o)!But I think I have it worse as my husband has ADHD in the worst way…he was always that little boy sitting right next to the teacher's desk…I think it's my punishment for leaving teaching after 6 years. Good luck with all the scary, spooky stuff…I had my fill in Australia with their monster sized spiders!!

4. Janet Hill

Hi Lara,

Well, now we're talking….I've always had an interest in Australia, until I heard about the spider situation. Something called a 'Huntsman' spider was enough to make me fear the entire country. I can deal with Canadian snowstorms and bad tv, but giant arachnids is something that I can't cope with.
    And now I have the 30 days of Halloween starting tomorrow. It would normally start today (October 1st) but it's my birthday, so I get a slight reprieve. I'm such a lucky girl!

5. Anonymous

One must complain about the nearly irresistible warmth and sweetness of your imagery. It brings to this man's mind a nostalgic aroma of all the mysterious sweet beauty of the most enchanting Women he has known. As such, he must object. You incite Romanticism. How would any serious work get done in any home with this stuff about?

6. Lara Harris

Happy Birthday! 🙂 Now don't let the spiders keep you from Australia!It's a beautiful country and the people are even more beautiful if that is at all possible…true they have 10 of the deadliest spiders & snakes, but you really don't see them everyday…funny thing is those huge Huntsman spiders are not the ones to worry about as they are pretty timid, it's the ones with fangs you need to watch out for (although I never saw one)…I think you have 20 minutes to get yourself to a hospital if you're bitten 🙂

7. Janet Hill

Fangs? Yikes. Oh,I understand that it's a beautiful country, my main problem is that it's so darn far away- I think the plane ride from Toronto is over 15 hours…at least. And I'm not a good traveler, or a light traveler. I barely get out of my studio these days.

8. Twice as Nice

I just found your blog and I think you are TALENTED BEYOND WORDS! I'm curious to how much your original oil paintings are. I love the one you just sold. Thanks

9. Janet Hill

My originals range from $85 US for a 6"x6" and go to about 16"x20" (can range between $340-$450). Catalina Cottage was a 12"x16" and was $195.00
    Thanks,
    Janet

10. Anonymous

Love this one. Please make it available as a Giclee print as it is the only way I will be able to obtain one.

Gayle